Monday, April 7, 2008

The Reiki weekend




Well, yes... it was quite an interesting thing to take, that Reiki workshop!

To be quite honest, I didn't know what to expect, you know... I had read a book on Reiki before I went, read some about it on the internet and yes - I've had Reiki done to me, myself. Still I wasn't quite convinced it would work... or something.

So, on Sat I got up like two hours earlier than I normally do on a Sat (YES, I loooove to sleep late when I'm off work!), and got on my bike... I knew who the woman that held the workshop was, but I didn't know her... Well, I can tell you, she was very nice, warm and cuddily. She works with elderly people, being a home nurse, and it turned out she had even been to my Grandma a few times.
Anyway, yes.
I gotta tell you, it was pretty amazing the first time you felt the energy go thru your hands..! In the first step of Reiki there are four initiations rites, and the first one is to open the energy channel and aura. I honestly didn't think I'd feel anything during it, but there I was, sitting on a chair with my eyes closed and listening to the music in the background when my neck and shoulders got all warm. Kinda felt like sun was shining on me (it wasn't, it looked like Scotland outside - grey and foggy). And then it was gone.

After that we got to treat ourselves, since the principle of Reiki is, that first you treat yourself so you're able to treat others.

I have NEVER had so warm hands and feet as then! OMG! After a while I got really warm all thru... it was pretty amazing... I mean, who gets hot from sitting with their hand on their chest?

We also did Reiki on eachother within the group, and that was pretty neat, too... we were taught to "scan" people (to find the places where the hands with the energy is needed the most) and had our second initiation.

When I left I felt like I was made outta rubber, did not have one tense spot in my body, but OMG! I was tired!

Day two, yes. Started out pretty much the same... we tried some of the healing processes, and then got our third initiation, cutting us off from our instructor. "We're on our own". :)
And then, ooooh!, we gave full body treatments to eachother while "the costumer" was lying down... the woman I partnered with fell asleep when I did her! And that is suppose to be a good thing! :)
After lunch we got our final initiation, and continued with the body treatment... normally you do both the front and the back at once, but since we were learning, we took turns... and my "costumer" fell asleep again! :)

Anyway, yes. It was a pretty great weekend! There is alot involved in Reiki, forgivness - tenderness - love - calmness - emotion - spirituality, that probobly should be part of everyday life... I guess my "Usui Reiki Master" said it well, Reiki is love. :)

Here's to hoping I don't sound WAY out there! ;-) Thanks for reading this far! *g*

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh how wonderful! I wish you were here to put those warm healing hands on my tense neck muscles right now! Oh the joy of falling asleep while so peaceful. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Almost as good as eating chocolate. *G*

Keep at it sweetie. I just get the feeling that this may lead to something great for you in the future.

Huggles!

Chirre said...

Thanks hon! :) It really was so great you didn't remember you were hungry until you could feel the food aromas coming outta the kitchen! ;)

And yes, I'm gonna keep at it, and try to remember to treat myself every day... that way the energy channel should stay open... not that Reiki really ever leaves you once it's opened...

Anonymous said...

Oh this sounds SO good. I am sure you, dear High Priestess were just made for it.

Chirre said...

High Priestess, eh? LOL How do you remember EVERYTHING I tell you?

(for the rest of you: I took two different tests to find out which Tarot card "I am" and both came out as the High Priestess... *g*)

Anonymous said...

No, definitely not eveyrthing. Just the important stuff *g*.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how wonderful spleling I´ve got *LOL* So sorry to mess up your blog.

And may I just add, Jack Bauer is Da Man!! It´s a bomb!!!

(ok, feel free to delete this now)

Chirre said...

Heeeheeee! Jack IS tha bomb! :-D

M and M's Blog said...

Reiki Me! Reiki Me! This sounds so neat....let's meet half-way. Can you do this underwater? *g*

Do Marcie and I get complimentary Reiki's? Can't wait!

Michelle