Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yes, it's summer again...


This morning when I got up the first white poppy had opened up into full bloom! It's just too wonderful! It's almost the size of my fist and all clear white with some purple inside it... aaaah, lovely!

The first time it bloomed it had one single white flower... last year it had one white and one pink... Now one white is in bloom and four buds are yet to open... can't wait to see what color they will be!

I've never been much of a summer person, since I can't stand the heat, but this early in when the mornings and evenings are still cool and you don't go mad with heat, it's quite nice... :)

Happy beginning of the summer, lovelys! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah, that IS pretty :)

Chirre said...

Yes, it is! :) And now I have two white ones, and one pink! :) Prettyprettypretty! :)

M and M's Blog said...

Oooooooo that's pretty Chirre! Jeez woman, how hot does it get in Finland? LOL

M&M

Marcie said...

It's as pretty as last year! Remember the one I put Pooh's baby picture in?

It's lovely that it has different color blooms too. Wish I could grow them here.

Let's don't even talk about the heat, ok. I hate summer and can't wait for it to be over every year. Give me the other eight months of the year anytime. *G*

Louisiana is freakin' hot!

Huggles.

Chirre said...

Now I'm up in three white ones and one pink... it rained a bit yesterday so there's not much of them left now! But yes, they are lovely!

And yes, Marcie, I remember Pooh looking like she was in an Anne Geddes card! :-)